Frequently asked questions
The most common reasons are:
- You have DNS and www forwarding through us, but you have not yet set up any DNS pointers or WWW forwardings. Log in at www.domainnameshop.com with your username and password and go to "Manage DNS" or "Manage WWW forwarding".
- The domain is recently registered or transferred, and thus the web hotel is not yet created. Wait one hour and try again.
If your web hotel is created after May 2004, the files must be located in a directory (folder) named www. If you have deleted this directory, you must recreate it. Web hotels created before May 2004, do not have a www directory.
If there is any doubt whether you must have a www directory or not;
- Log in at www.domainnameshop.com
- Click on the domain name having the web hotel
- Go to "Manage web hotel" to the right on the page
- Go to "More info" to the right of "FTP"
- If you need a www directory, "www/" is displayed under "Directory". If you do not need one, only "/" is displayed.
- Our server encountered a temporary error. Wait 5 minutes and try again. You may also see our network status.
- You have created your own DNS record pointing to what you believe is the webhotel's IP address. Our systems automatically create the correct DNS records if you haven't defined the IP address yourself, or if you use WWW forwarding. Remove the DNS pointer you created and wait 1-2 hours.
- You are using external name servers, and your web hotel has been moved to another webserver, e.g. when upgrading from Web Mini to Web Medium. You must update the IP address for your webhotel with your DNS provider. You can find the new IP address by logging on to our secure web pages like this: select your domain name from the list, click on Webhotel in the top menu.