Messages will be posted here if and when we identify network or service errors lasting more than 5 minutes, or in case we make system changes that we think will affect our users. Messages older than 2 months will not be displayed, unless they contain currently relevant information.
2020-12-18 10:27: Contact Form 7 - critical security update
Contact Form 7 have published a critical security update for their Wordpress plugin.
All versions up to and including 5.3.1 are vulnerable.
Contact Form 7 version 5.3.2 fixes the issue, but requires Wordpress 5.4 or newer. We list alternative solutions for Contact Form 7 users below:
- Update WordPress to 5.6 and Contact Form 7 to 5.3.2
- Uninstall and delete Contact Form 7
2020-12-17 15:17: shell.domeneshop.no back up again
The shell server is now back up again, we apologize for the abnormally long downtime.
2020-12-17 14:39: shell.domeneshop.no down for security updates
shell.domeneshop.no was taken down for security updates at 14:27 CET, which regrettably is taking more time than expected. We are working to reestablish the service as soon as possible.
2020-12-09 11:46: The network issues have been resolved
The problems we experienced with the network have now been resolved and all systems are running as normal.
2020-12-09 10:57: We are experiencing network problems
We are currently experiencing some network issues. Our technicians are working on it.
2020-11-27 15:02: Joomla! 3.9.23 security update
Joomla! 3.9.23 was announced 25 November 2020 as a security update for all previous Joomla! editions.
Joomla! 3.9.22 and older versions are therefore considered to be insecure.
If you're using Joomla! 3.9.22 or older versions, you must upgrade to 3.9.23 as soon as possible.
2020-11-19 10:41: Fraud attempts aimed at Domainnameshop's customers
Recently, we have seen an increase in fraud attempts to "renew" the domain sent via email to several of our customers.
The fraud attempt appears to have been professionally and thoroughly carried out, but it is possible to see some signs that it is not legitimate. Here is what to look for:
- Sender pretends to be "Domeneshop", but the email address is not ours.
- The email contains a link to "complete the renewal". The text suggests that the link goes to domeneshop.no, but if you look closer, it goes to a completely different address.
- The expiration date is in international format (YYYY-MM-DD) and does not match the actual expiration date of the domain.
- Customers who have an email with us will see that the message has a high spam score, customers with extra automatic spam filtering get the message directly in the spam folder.
- Link directly to payment in the e-mail (we link to a digital invoice which is on our website).
These characters may vary from attempt to attempt, but pay special attention to emails that do not come from a Domainnameshop email address and where the link appears to go to Domainnameshop, but does not actually do so.