IPv6 is the "next generation" Internet, and we are currently deploying it across our network. Here is the current status:
- All our three authoritative nameservers (ns1.hyp.net, ns2.hyp.net and ns3.hyp.net) are reachable over IPv6.
- All our email servers (SMTP/POP3/IMAP/MX) are reachable over IPv6.
- The most important of our customer-facing web services, like www.domainnameshop.com and webmail.domeneshop.no, are reachable over IPv6.
- If you are using our nameservers, you may create DNS pointers to IPv6 addresses (AAAA records) in the control panel under "My account".
- The FTP-server and the SSH/shell server are reachable over IPv6.
- If you have Web hosting, IPv6 is active by default. But very old web hosting plans may be without IPv6. Log in under "My account" on www.domainnameshop.com/login, click on the domain, then on the "Web hosting" tab and finally on "Web hosting available via". There you can choose whether your website should be reachable via IPv4, IPv6 or both. The web servers are dual stack, which means they can access content and services on the internet both through IPv4 and IPv6.
- Database servers (MySQL) are dual stack, in other words, available via both IPv4 and IPv6.
You can read more on IPv6 here.
Check the IPv6 status for your domain with ip6.nl.