IPv6 is the "next generation" Internet, and we are currently deploying it across our network. Here is the current status:
- All our three authoritative nameservers (ns1.hyp.net, ns2.hyp.net and ns3.hyp.net) are reachable over IPv6.
- All our email servers (SMTP/POP3/IMAP/MX) are reachable over IPv6.
- The most important of our customer-facing web services, like www.domainnameshop.com and webmail.domeneshop.no, are reachable over IPv6.
- If you are using our nameservers, you may create DNS pointers to IPv6 addresses (AAAA records) in the control panel under "My account".
- The FTP-server and the SSH/shell server are reachable over IPv6.
- If you have Web hotel, you may activate IPv6. Log in under "My account" on www.domainnameshop.com/login, click on the domain, then on the "Web hosting" tab and finally on "Web hotel available via". There you can choose whether your web hotel should be reachable via IPv4, IPv6 or both. The web servers are dual stack, which means they can access content and services on the internet both through IPv4 and IPv6.
Other services, such as MySQL databases are currently only available via IPv4. Our aim is to gradually turn on IPv6 on these services, so that in the end all our services are reachable via both IPv4 and IPv6.
You can read more on IPv6 here.
Check the IPv6 status for your domain here.