A TXT record is used, among other things, for SPF, DKIM and DMARC. In addition, it can be used to verify that you own a domain name, e.g. towards Google or Microsoft. You will then be assigned a unique code that you publish in DNS to show that you control the domain in question.
If you have DNS with Domainnameshop, you can create TXT records as follows:
- Log in to the control panel at https://domainnameshop.com/login
- Click on My domains
- Click on the relevant domain
- Click on the DNS records tab at the top of the page
- Click Show advanced settings
- On the bottom line, in the RR type column, select TXT in the drop-down menu, enter the data value in the field to the right and click the green plus icon to the far right to create the record. The Host name field should be empty unless you have been instructed otherwise. (For DMARC it should be "_dmarc".)