Frequently asked questions
Upon creation of a new web hotel, we also create a file named "index.html", containing a text saying that your web hotel is soon to appear. When uploading files, you have to delete or overwrite the file "index.html", for your web pages to appear. You should always have a file named either "index.html", "index.htm", "index.shtml", "index.cgi" or "index.php" (only lowercase letters) in your file directory.
If your web hotel is created after May 2004, the files must be located in a directory named www. If you have deleted this directory, you must recreate it. Web hotels created before May 2004, do not have a www directory.
If there is any doubt whether you must have a www directory or not;
- Log in at www.domainnameshop.com
- Click on the domain name having the web hotel
- Go to "Manage web hotel" to the right on the page
- Go to "More info" to the right of "FTP"
- If you need a www directory, "www/" is displayed under "Directory". If you do not need one, only "/" is displayed.