SmartFTP is merely an FTP program. It is free for private, non-commercial use, and you can download it from http://www.smartftp.com
These screenshots are taken from SmartFTP version 1.1, but can be used for later versions as well. If you use version 1.5 and encounter problems, click here.
Screenshots of SmartFTP:
Transferring of files:
- Open a connection to the web hotel:
Enter ftp.domeneshop.no and your FTP username and FTP password as shown in the above screenshot, see the red arrows.
If the window does not appear by itself, go to "FTP | Connect" from the menu.
- Open a window to your own computer by choosing "FTP | Local browser" (or "File | Local browser" for version 2.0) from the menu. See screenshot below.
- To view both windows, the web hotel and your computer, click on the icon by the red arrow in the screenshot below.
If you view more than two windows, close the windows not needed and click on the icon again.
- You can now copy files from your computer to the web hotel by selecting them with the mouse and drag them over to the other window.
- You can copy both ways; both from your computer to the web hotel and from the web hotel to your computer.
- Note! If your web hotel is created after May 2004, the files must be located in a directory named www. If you have deleted this directory, you must recreate it. Web hotels created before May 2004, do not have a www directory.
If there is any doubt whether you must have a www directory or not;
- Log in at www.domainnameshop.com
- Click on the domain name having the web hotel
- Go to "Manage web hotel" to the right on the page
- Go to "More info" to the right of "FTP"
- If you need a www directory, "www/" is displayed under "Directory". If you do not need one, only "/" is displayed.