Frequently asked questions
The method of retrieving the full headers of an e-mail message depends on which email software you are using. Listed here are the methods of the most common email software.
If you are using the Domeneshop Webmail at https://webmail.domeneshop.no, you may find the headers by doing the following:
- Mark the relevant message in the email list
- Click the More button in the menu bar
- Click Show source
Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016
If you are using Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 i Windows, you can see the full headers by doing the following:
- Double-click the relevant message to make it open in a separate window
- In this new window, click the File-menu.
- Click Information → Properties
- At the bottom of the window that appears, you will find the Internet headers. If you want to forward the headers, you may copy the headers and paste them into an email message.
If you are using Apple Mail on macOS you may find the headers like this:
- Open the View menu in the menu bar, select Message and then All headers
Other email programs
For other email software, you may have luck finding instructions for retrieving the headers by making a web search, for example "Outlook 2016 email headers"