We support TLS 1.2 and 1.3.
If your software does not support TLS 1.2 (see below) with PFS ("perfect forward secrecy"), you must either upgrade, use our webmail, or (not recommended) disable encryption (SSL, TLS, STARTTLS) in your email software so that everything is sent as clear text. We recommend upgrading.
NOTE: TLS 1.2 was introduced in 2008. Software/equipment which does not support TLS 1.2 has, to a great extent, very severe security vulnerabilities and should not be used online.
Overview of software supporting TLS 1.2 and newer
- Apple Mail: 10 and newer (Sierra)
- Outlook for Mac: 2016 and newer
- Outlook for Windows: 2013 and newer
- Thunderbird: 31 and newer
- OpenSSL based software as of 1.0.1
- MacOS: Sierra (10.12) and newer
- Windows: 8 and newer
Overview of software that DOES NOT support TLS 1.2 and newer
- Apple Mail: 9.3 and older
- Microsoft Entourage
- Outlook for Mac: 2012 and older
- Outlook for Windows: 2010 and older
- Thunderbird 27 and older
- Windows Live Mail
- OpenSSL based software older than 1.0.1
- Android: 4 and older
- iOS: 4 and older
- MacOS: El Capitan (10.11) and older
- Windows: 7 and older (may be configured manually for Windows 7)