In order to retrieve e-mail using the IMAP-protocol you need to fill in the following information in you e-mail application:
- Your email address (eg the sender address in your outgoing e-mails)
- User name (e-mail account name)
- Incoming (IMAP) server:
- Outgoing (SMTP) server:
Some e-mail applications also lets you specify:
- IMAP account prefix: (leave empty)
- Portnumber for incoming (IMAP) server:
993 if you use SSL or "secure connection")
- Portnumber for outgoing (SMTP) server:
You'll find information regarding username and password in the control panel on www.domainnameshop.com, see more info here. If you are not the administrator of the domain name of your email-address, you should contact your system administrator to be assigned a username and password.
Exact instructions for how to enter the e-mail settings above varies from e-mail application.
We have made a step-by-step guide to set up some of the most popular e-mail platforms: